Other Sports News
- Watch: 'Slumdog Millionaire' Inspires Georgian Figure Skater To European Title
Georgia's Anastasiia Gubanova was crowned European figure skating champion on Saturday after a memorable performance to the soundtrack of the movie blockbuster "Slumdog Millionaire"
- "We Shouldn't Deprive Athletes..." Paris Mayor For Russians To Compete As Olympics Neutrals
The mayor of Paris said Thursday that she was in favour of Russian athletes competing as neutrals in the 2024 Paris Olympics despite pressure from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to ban them.
- Asian Olympic Chiefs Say Russians Can Take Part In Asian Games
Russian and Belarusian athletes will be able to compete in this year's Asian Games despite the invasion of Ukraine, the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) said on Thursday.
- Veteran Coaches SRD Prasad, Sanathoiba Sharma, Gurcharan Singh To Be Honoured With Padma Shri
On the eve of the 74th Republic Day, the government of India announced that the SRD Prasad, Sanathoiba Sharma and Gurcharan Singh will be conferred with the Padma Shri awards.
- Water Sports To Debut At Khelo India Youth Games 2022
Water Sports is set to make its debut at the Khelo India Youth Games 2022, which will be held across Madhya Pradesh from January 30 to February 11.
- Racer KE Kumar Dies Following Crash At National Championship In Chennai
K E Kumar, a well-respected racer, died on Sunday following a crash in the second round of the National Car Racing Championship at the Madras International Circuit in Chennai.
- NFL Player Given CPR After Collapsing On Field, Critical, Players Weep
Players from both NFL teams gathered around Hamlin during the treatment, with many of them kneeling to pray and some openly weeping.
- Indian Sports In 2022: Hockey Good, Badminton Better, Neeraj Chopra Best
The Thomas Cup triumph made for an epic success story while Neeraj Chopra further enhanced his superstar status with a rare Diamond League title but the cricket team's struggles on the 22-yard strip left a lot to be desired in a bittersweet 2022 for Indian sports.
- Athlete Welfare One Of Key Focuses At IOA's 1st Executive Council Meeting
The Indian Olympic Association's (IOA) office bearers met during the first Executive council meeting and adopted some key resolutions with the focus firmly on improving Governance structure, fiscal prudence and athlete welfare
- Final Farewells: Deaths In Sport In 2022
Pele, Shane Warne and Bill Russell -- just three sports icons who passed away in 2022
- India Ready To Bid For 2036 Olympics, Gujarat Has Infrastructure To Host Games, Says Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
Sports Minister Anurag Thakur has said that India is ready to positively bid for the 2036 Olympic Games.
- Government Gives Official Recognition To Esports
The Industry has maintained that Esports (Electronic sports) is a competitive sport where esports athletes use their physical and mental abilities to compete in certain genres of video games in a virtual, electronic environment.
- 2022: A Year Of Many Firsts For Indian Sports
The year 2022 will be remembered by Indian sports fans. It was a year of many firsts and historic achievements by Indian athletes on the world stage.
- Tokyo Olympics Cost 20% More Than Organiser Reported: Audit
Last year's pandemic-delayed Tokyo Olympics cost 20 percent more than the final figure reported by the organising committee, according to an analysis by Japan's audit board.
- Tokyo Olympics Scandal Makes Sapporo Bid "Difficult": Governor
A corruption scandal surrounding last year's Tokyo Games has damaged Japan's bid to host the 2030 Winter Olympics, a top local official warned
- International Esports Federation Picks Big Bang Media For Asia Open Esports Championship
One of the biggest esports tournaments ever held, the Asia Open shall see the participation of close to 40 countries across Asia and the Middle East, providing gamers with an unprecedented platform to compete and build communities internationally.
- Never Thought I Would Become IOA President, Says PT Usha
Usha, 58, was officially elected for the top post during the polls, heralding in a new chapter in Indian sports administration
- PT Usha Elected First Woman President Of Indian Olympic Association
PT Usha on Saturday was officially elected as the first woman president of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) during the governing body's polls