Poland vs Argentina, Saudi Arabia vs Mexico FIFA World Cup Highlights: Argentina, Poland Enter Last 16; Mexico Out Despite 2-1 Win Over Saudi Arabia
FIFA World Cup 2022, Poland vs Argentina, Saudi Arabia vs Mexico Highlights: Argentina and Poland qualified for the Round of 16 from Group C.
FIFA World Cup 2022, Poland vs Argentina, Saudi Arabia vs Mexico: A drama-filled Group C saw Argentina qualify for the Round of 16 following a 2-0 win over Poland, who also qualified as the group runners-up. Mexico, despite securing a 2-1 win over Saudi Arabia, were knocked out of the tournament due to an inferior goal difference in comparison to Poland. (Poland vs Argentina Matchcentre) (Saudi Arabia vs Mexico Matchcentre)
Here are the Highlights of the FIFA World Cup 2022, Group C Football Matches between Poland and Argentina straight from Stadium 974 and between Saudi Arabia and Mexico straight from Lusail Stadium:
- 02:07 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: Poland still occupying 2nd spotPoland are still second in the group C despite conceding twice against Argentina. Though the goal difference, goals scored and goals conceded are same, Poland have fewer yellow cards (4) in comparison to Mexico (7). Hence, they are ahead.
- Poland STILL 2nd in the table due to Mexico being on 7 yellow cards this tournament and Poland on 4 yellow cards. pic.twitter.com/XhDkVcJqqc— 𝐀𝐅𝐂 𝐀𝐉𝐀𝐗 (@TheEuropeanLad) November 30, 2022
- 01:33 (IST)FIFA World Cup LIVE: The Messi penalty miss!Here's a look at the penalty miss from Lionel Messi that could lead to Argentina's elimination from the tournament.
- 01:26 (IST)Poland vs Argentina: Stat attack!Lionel Messi is the second player in HISTORY to have 2 penalties missed in the World Cup.
2 - Lionel Messi has missed two of his three penalty kicks at the World Cup (excluding penalty shootouts), equalling the most by a player since at least 1966 (Asamoah Gyan , two missed out of four). Pressure. pic.twitter.com/LcKtzmTqmd— OptaJose (@OptaJose) November 30, 2022
- 01:18 (IST)FIFA World Cup Group C LIVE: Both games goallessLionel Messi would rue the missed opportunity to put Argentina ahead against Poland. La Albicelste have enjoyed more than 65% possession but are still searching for the opening goal. Mexico, on the other hand, have had over 70% possession, with 11 shots, but haven't found the elusive goal yet.
- 00:10 (IST)Argentina vs Poland LIVE: Fans out to support their team in numbersFans are ready for the Argentina vs Poland battle which would be decisive when it comes Round of 16 progression.
- 23:39 (IST)Saudi Arabia vs Mexico: Here are the line-ups!Here are the line-ups for the second Group C match, between Saudi Arabia and Mexico:
Saudi Arabia XI: Al Owais; Al Tambakti, Al Amri, Al Bulayhi; Al Ghanam, Alhassan, Kanno, Abdulhamid; Albrikan, Al Shehri, AldawsariMexico XI: Ochoa; Sánchez, Montes, Moreno, Gallardo; Álvarez, Chávez, Pineda; Lozano, Martínez, Vega
- 23:38 (IST)Poland vs Argentina: Line-ups are out!Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the Group C matches. Here are the line-ups for Poland vs Argentina match:
Poland XI: Szczesny; Cash, Glik, Kiwior, Bereszynski; Zielinski, Bielik, Krychowiak, Frankowski; Swiderski, LewandowskiArgentina XI: Martínez; Molina Lucero, Romero, Otamendi, Acuña; De Paul, Enzo Fernández, Mac Allister; Di María, Álvarez, Messi